Billing and Payment
CMU currently offer 6 payment options, and the first three are the easiest.
- Requirements to pay online
- Login instructions:
- Go To www.cmu.com
- Click view account/ pay my bill
- Type in Customer Number
- Submit your password
- Make sure to have your meter number because the website will ask customers to verify before payment.
- Establish an Automatic Payment Authorization (bank draft)
- Mail your payment to: P.O Box 114, Canton, MS 39046
- Night depository in front of the Main office on Peace Street
- Visit our business office 127 West Peace Street in Canton
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Pay at the following banks with no handling fee:
Trustmark: 648 East Peace Street OR 3319 South Liberty Street
Bank Plus: 3366 North Liberty Street
Regions: 147 East Peace Street
Renasant: 3330 South Liberty Street
Current bills only (paid on or before due date) can be accepted at the above banks. You must have your utility bill with you to pay at the banks and no partial payments or late payments are accepted.
Bills are normally mailed on the last day of each month. If you don’t receive a bill by the 5th, please contact CMU. Failure to receive a bill does not release a customer from payment obligation.
The due date for payment of the bill is the 15th of each month. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday observed by CMU, the next business day is held as a day of grace for payment. Remittance received by mail postmarked on the due date is not subject to a late charge. Payments made after the due date are subject to a late charge of $5.00.
A return check charge of $25.00 is assessed to the customer for each check returned to us by their bank for any reason. After 3 returned checks, no more will be accepted on the account.
If your service is terminated for non-payment, you will be required to pay:
Total amount due to CMU plus a $25.00 reconnection charge if you are reconnected during regular business hours or a $50.00 reconnection charge if after regular business hours.